9 signs he’s terrible and you should dump him. Okay Cosmo, I’ll take the bait.
9 signs he’s terrible and you should dump him…
1. He answers your text questions in a way that intentionally does not lead to more conversation. If “hey, wanna get some ice cream on Saturday?” is met with “ok,” you’re not off to a great start.
Can we just refer to this as my heart crushing blow? I didn’t even realize this was happening until I received an “ok” text while reading this article. And, while going through our text messages there were lots of long engaging texts from me that he met with that same “ok.” So he’s just not that into me, huh? Wow…ok.
2. His body language is very withdrawn right after sex.
Seriously?! That’s the perfect time to at least fake intimacy. How hard is a hug, a little cuddle, or a quick high-five to ensure you get another romp in the future? If nothing else, you should be doing this in appreciation of what just happened.
3. He looks annoyed that he “has to” pay for food and drinks.
So, I’ve always thought paying was the responsibility of the requestor. Whoever requests the date should be prepared to pay for it. And make full, COMPLETE, plans. So if you can’t swing high quality, overpriced, surf-n-turf, don’t make plans there! The gist of this is, make plans, keep those plans, finance those plans, and do so as a willing participant.
When things are unclear, default goes to him.
4. He doesn’t care if you catch him looking at other women.
I will scoop his eyes out of his head with a rusty spoon if I think I see him checking out another woman while we’re out. Look but don’t touch means don’t get caught. He should look like a trained ninja spy. If he can’t respect you enough to be inconspicuous, you don’t need to read any further. You’re done. Text him your goodbye, and put his things in a cardboard box, on the curb, for who ever picks it up first.
5. He fails to remember details about previous dates.
Details? Big or small? He must remember the big stuff, but I don’t care if he remembers much of the small stuff. Men are wired differently. They don’t focus as much attention on the details. But I expect him to remember major events in our lives, major experiences and key moments are a necessity.
If he never notices my earrings, who cares. He better notice the energy and effort I put in looking nice for him, though.
6. He’s not psyched about inviting you to meet his friends.
But when? Eventually y’all have to break your love bubble and go out into the world. Introductions must be made, but only when the two of you are ready. If you’re pushing for introductions and he’s refusing you need to investigate that resistance and possibly take a LONG look at your relationship. Or if you start making those introductions and he doesn’t, this may not be headed in the same direction for both of you.
7. He breaks up with you, but still texts you late at night. Let’s be clear: these are not “I still have feelings for you” texts. These are “I want to have sex with you” texts.
Liking who you are versus that little thing you do, are TOTALLY different. Don’t get confused. He will keep you on his sexual call list forever, if you allow it. Are you comfortable being his booty call knowing that 2, 8, and 9 are inevitable?
8. He mentions your physical flaws, particularly when you haven’t really established that level of intimacy.
Unless he is the perfect mix of Shemar Moore, Tyson Beckford, and Channing Tatum, he should never discuss your flaws outside of concerns for your health or well-being. Period.
9. If you ever get a “hmmm, you’re still here?” vibe from him when you’re at his apartment.
Run. Don’t walk. Don’t look back. Let go of anything you left behind.
No one who is interested in you will want you to feel uncomfortable. He should be focused on making you feel at home in his space, just as you should for him.
Take a look at your relationship. Be sure you’re on the same wavelength, traveling in the same direction. Be honest with yourself. If he’s not the man your looking for, let go!
The right guy is out there. And if you meet yours first, see if he has a friend for me.